Walk a Mile in Her Shoes raises critical funds to support survivors of sexual assault on Hawai`i Island. Your donations support: forensic evidence collection, skilled nursing, crisis support and counseling, long term counseling, family support, transportation to appointments with law enforcement, and prosecutors, and basic safety needs following an assault. Our services are free and available to anyone.
Walk to Support!
Walk A Mile in Her Shoes is a fun-filled morning for the whole family with three fabulous ways to support YWCA and sexual assault survivors. This year's event takes place from 7:30-10:30 am on Saturday, October 29th:
- Register to Walk and Fundraise in advance of the event to support our survivors (instructions below). Then join us at 145 Ululani Street in Hilo for a fun morning starting at 7:30 on October 29th; prizes for most funds raised, best decorated shoes, judges choice and more.
- Donate: to donate to an individual that is participating to support victims of sexual violence, select the "DONATE" button on this page!
- Sponsor the event: When you become an event sponsor, you help make sure our YWCA team is there to help victims of sexual violence every day and make the 2022 Walk A Mile event the most successful yet. We also gratefully welcome donations of gift certificates or other prizes for walkers.
Want to fundraise?
- All participants create an individual fundraising page. Start by clicking "Become a Fundraiser" above.
- In the new window you can "Create New Account" or login to your existing account. If you create a new account, an email will be sent to your email box - check junk if you don't see it right away. (If you don't get an email please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 808-930-5760).
- The email will give you instructions on how to set up a fundraiser page.
- Customize your page with your fundraising goal, add a photo, and enter text that will encourage your friends & family to donate.
- If you'd like to form a team, select the TEAM tab next! The more people on your team the better chance to win amazing prizes.
- Share your fundraising page link on social media and with family and friends to reach your goal. Can't make it that day? That is ok, we have a virtual option too. Just sign up now, gather pledges online and spread the word!
On the day of the event we will have shoes available in manly sizes and a variety of prizes and activities. Bring your own decorated shoes to join the best self-decorated shoes. @ywcahawaiiisland on Instagram and Facebook #HawaiiIslandWalkaMile.